Hey y'all, I don't have a big essay this month - just an assortment of news and updates!
So, what's up?
- Work from me is going to appear in two exhibits starting in July!
- There is going to be a bitsy showcase in the Arcade gallery of the newly re-opened Young V&A museum in London! I got to contribute a little advice and technical support for this project, and it looks like it turned out super cool. It opens in July but it's a permanent part of the exhibit, so if you're ever in London I think it will be worth a visit! <3
- In addition, my game mossland will be shown at DIZZY SPELL's new exhibition "SHORT and SWEET" throughout the month of July (the exhibition is part of the Denver Month of Video, aka MOV), alongside with several other great games including Cecile Richard's classic bitsy game UNDER A STAR CALLED SUN. If you're going to be in the Denver area during July, you should check it out!
- There's also a couple other bits of bitsy news:
- I updated bitsy to v8.5 in order to make a small bugfix. (just don't ask how long it's been since the previous update...)
- I also recently made a Mastodon account for bitsy news and announcements - it's going to be a good way to get updates on bitsy jams and that sort of thing!
- And lastly, some WITH THE LAST MOONBEAM things too:
I haven't had time to play much in the way of games recently, but I am enjoying reading the first issue of buttonhook - imo it's a cool project that I hope continues, so give them some support if you can!
See y'all next time <3